Joint ALAC/NCSG Statement on the Uniform Rapid Suspension (URS) System
After preliminary discussions, members of the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) and the Non Commercial Stakeholders Group (NCSG) met during the Toronto ICANN Meeting and discussed the URS. It was resolved that a Joint Statement be drafted.
The following individuals co-drafted an initial version of this Statement [PDF, 406 KB] after discussion of the topic:
- EvanLeibovitch, ALAC Vice Chair, At-Large member from the North American Regional At-Large Organization (NARALO), and ALAC Liaison to the NCSG;
- Carlton Samuels, ALAC Vice Chair and At-Large member from the Latin American and Caribbean Islands Regional At-Large Organization (LACRALO);
- Alan Greenberg, At-Large member from NARALO and ALAC Liaison to the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO);
- Kathy Kleiman, member of the NCSG; and
- Robin Gross, Chair of the NCSG.
On 18 October 2012, this Statement was discussed in the ALAC & Regional Leaderships Wrap-up Meeting.
During the meeting, a call for comments on the draft Statement was sent to all present At-Large members, as well asthose participating via Remote Participation.
The Chair of the ALAC then requested that ratification be held on the Statement.
Staff confirmed that the vote resulted in the ALAC endorsing the Statement with 12 votes in favor, 0 votes against, and 0 abstentions. You may review the result independently under: https://community.icann.org/x/uoY3Ag
The Statement was then read by the Chair of the ALAC and the Chair of the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group, Robin Gross, during the 18 October 2012 ICANN Toronto Public Forum. The Chair then requested that the Statement be sent to the Chair of the ICANN Board, with a copy sent to the ICANN Board Secretary.