[ALAC] ALAC voting processes
I will not be able to join the meeting this week, but I wanted to put
my comments on the "vote" decision here. They will not come as a
surprise to those who have heard me talk about this before.
We use BigPulse to "emulate" voting in person in a public meeting
with others present in the room. We should make every effort to come
as close to the face-to-face vote as possible.
- As the vote is proceeding, we can see how many people have voted.
- As the vote is proceeding, we can see who has voted.
- As the vote is proceeding, we can see how each person has voted.
- The order of the options should NOT change as the vote proceeds.
- Outsiders who cannot vote can look at the interim results.
I see no reason to allow people to change their vote given the short
time we have for voting, but I have no really strong feelings about
this. In a face-to-face vote, one can raise their hand a bit late, or
lower it before the hands are counted.
I think that the visibility of such a pole will encourage everyone to
vote, and allow others in a region to "remind" people who have not yet voted.
ALAC mailing list